A New Year is amongst us and this New Year is kind of special. Why you ask? Because it is the start of a new decade. That’s right the 01’s and the 03’s and the 0’shit!!! It’s really been ten years since Y2K!!! Wow, how the time fly’s, and speaking of flying, wasn’t our cars supposed to be flying by now? What’s up with that? It’s 2010 man. We gave them an extra ten years and these scientists haven’t even come up with those Nikes that lace themselves like in the “Back to The Future” movie:
I don’t know who I should talk to about that but I’m disappointed in whoever it is…
Anyways, back to the New Year… So every year we make a New Years resolution saying we will do this or that, and then we break it by 3pm Jan, 1st when we wake up. This year being the start of a new decade I wanted to do something a little different. As we enter the New Year and leave the old decade behind us, we should leave a few things with it.
So I have composed a list of 20 things we should leave in the 00’s. Enjoy…
1. The Nerd Look: Wearing suspenders and high waters. That look would have come in handy when I was younger and couldn’t afford my growth spurts. I had “he’ll grow into em” pants or “this boys growing too fast” jeans. But this isn’t then yall just look silly. Cut it out
2. Reality TV shows: Reality? They aren’t even realistic. A bunch of hot chick living in a house fighting for the love of some cracked out hype man. Give me a break. That isn’t real. If you really want Reality TV get your ass up off the couch and go outside. F your couch.
3. Krumping: You look like a crackhead giving birth
4. Soulja Boy: I know its not going to happen but it really should
5. Skinny Jeans: I did a keyword search the other day and found Men’s Skinny jeans were searched more then 3X as much as women’s skinny jeans. SMH. I don’t understand, why buy tight, tight pants that can’t even fit over your ass and then sag them so that they can be a little baggy. Why not just buy baggy jeans that fit?
Or get some of these...
6. Kanye West Glasses. They are just not cool.
7. Celebrity Drama: Do we really have nothing better to do with our lives then worry about who’s sleeping with Tiger and how hard Chris Brown can punch? Have our lives become that boring that we let celebrities lives take over ours? If so maybe we should all start a hobby, or find a new way to improve at our job or something. If we all did that then maybe, just maybe someone could finally come up with those Back to the Future sneakers I was talking about. I really wanted those things lol
8. Dance Step Songs: Cha Cha Slide, and Heeeey Margarina blew up because they were some what original and fun. The new electric slides, but now they are like spamming the radio waves. Supper man, Halle Berry, Ricky Bobby, Jerk, 2 Step, Walk it out, Lip Gloss STOP IT PLEASE YOUR KILLING ME!!!
9. UGG’s: Ladies really love these UGGLY things and I dont know why. To make matters worst, some how it became cool to wear them in 90 degree weather
10. Auto Tune: I don’t know if its just me but when rappers use Auto Tune they sound like they are drowning in shitty water
11. Speaking in Acronyms: OMG why do people say LOL when they are face to face with a person? SMH, you do realize that you could actually laugh out loud if the person says something that makes you ROFL
12. Crocs: They look like a bucket that I use to play with in my sandbox.
13. RAP BEEF: First it was Biggie vs Pac, then Jay-z vs Nas and after people seen how much money they were making off of “beef” everyone wanted to do it. Then we got whole crews like Dip Set vs Roc’a Fella, too 50 cent vs “anyone that’s kind of hot around the time 50’s album is coming out,” too Eminem vs Boy bands, pop stars, and old people. You know it’s bad when Mariah Carey has a diss record. Its all WWE anyways, I miss the days when artist came together and made hot collaborations like “4, 3, 2, 1”.
**Yes I’m aware there was beef’s before Big and Pac and that 4, 3, 2, 1 was the song that started the Canibus vs LL BS but you get what I’m saying man**
15. Parody Movies: “Don’t be a Menace,” funny; “Scary Movie 1,” funny; everything else terrible.
16. The 80’s: When you’re walking down the street with a 2 foot high-top fade, a dookie chain, and a 10 pound Boom Box that hold only two 90 minute cassette when an iPod Nano holds 8GB of music, you have taken it way too far.
17. BCS: It doesn’t even make sense. Who thought of using calculations and formulas to vote on who the best competing team is? Whatever happened to competing for number 1?
18. American Idol:
This use to be entertaining but when Sanjia makes it to the top 12 its time to call it quits.
19.leopard print Snuggie
Who needs em...
+1. Girls Taking Pix on the Toilet
+2. Ed Hardy
+3. Half Shaved Head
It really doesnt work unless ur as fly as Cassy anyways
+4 Afro Mullet
Yeah you tried it, you know who you are